Old 10-24-2011, 12:56 PM
Linux Tyro

Default What should I suggest my Aunt?

Hi,

My aunt (who has been a Windows user ever) asked me for Linux. I myself being new, told her Ubuntu and after a couple of days she asks me to please suggest her about one of following:

1) PCLinuxOS
2) openSUSE

3) Ubuntu
4) Linux Mint

I suggested Ubuntu but she just asked me a brief review (if I could). What she wants is just the general works she was doing in Windows but of more concern - stability as once she installs she would not go for a change in future and then starting learning that one flavor. I know for sure PCLinuxOS and Linux Mint are easy for beginners (read and knew) but Ubuntu and openSuse could be of more than just having fun! They could (what I guess) provide to become a techie-wizard from a non-techie wizard.

I would be thankful if you can just let me know anything of the great experiences people here are having.

Thx.
--
Two atoms are walking along. Suddenly, one stops. The other says, "What's

wrong?" "I've lost an electron." "Are you sure?" "I'm positive!"