Old 10-24-2011, 03:41 AM
Abhishek Dixit

Default how to install an old version of flash player

I am using 11.10 for some development and animation related work I
need to test my movies on old versions of flash players.That is flash
10.1 or older than that.
I downloaded from adobes repositories corresponding 180 Mb packages.Given here
http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/142/tn_14266.html.
But I am not clear as how can I install them.
Where should I keep the libflashplayer.so file ?
So that I can use in google-chrome and mozila and other applications
such as red5 etc?

--
Regards
Abhi

Old 10-24-2011, 05:41 AM
Ioannis Vranos

On Mon, Oct 24, 2011 at 6:41 AM, Abhishek Dixit <abhidixit87@gmail.com> wrote:
> I am using 11.10 for some development and animation related work I
> need to test my movies on old versions of flash players.That is flash
> 10.1 or older than that.
> I downloaded from adobes repositories corresponding 180 Mb packages.Given here
> http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/142/tn_14266.html.
> But I am not clear as how can I install them.
> Where should I keep the libflashplayer.so file ?
> So that I can use in google-chrome and mozila and other applications
> such as red5 etc?

Google Chrome comes with its own adobe flash player built in. I
suppose Google Chromium comes without it.

What is exactly your plan with the various versions of flash? Will you
install the various versions one by one, and then uninstall it to move
on to the next?

For this kind of development tests, the usual approach is to use
virtual machines. Perhaps you want to give the free VirtualBox a try:

https://www.virtualbox.org

https://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Linux_Downloads

--
Ioannis Vranos

http://www.cpp-software.net

Old 10-24-2011, 12:32 PM
Abhishek Dixit

On Mon, Oct 24, 2011 at 11:11 AM, Ioannis Vranos
<ioannis.vranos@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 24, 2011 at 6:41 AM, Abhishek Dixit <abhidixit87@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I am using 11.10 for some development and animation related work I
>> need to test my movies on old versions of flash players.That is flash
>> 10.1 or older than that.
>> I downloaded from adobes repositories corresponding 180 Mb packages.Given here
>> http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/142/tn_14266.html.
>> But I am not clear as how can I install them.
>> Where should I keep the libflashplayer.so file ?
>> So that I can use in google-chrome and mozila and other applications
>> such as red5 etc?
>
> What is exactly your plan with the various versions of flash? Will you
> install the various versions one by one, and then uninstall it to move
> on to the next?
Yes

> For this kind of development tests, the usual approach is to use
> virtual machines. Perhaps you want to give the free VirtualBox a try:
My question still remains the same how do I install the old version of
flash player.
Be it a virtual machine or bare metal?

Old 10-24-2011, 12:41 PM
Alan Pope

On 24 October 2011 13:32, Abhishek Dixit <abhidixit87@gmail.com> wrote:
> My question still remains the same how do I install the old version of
> flash player.
> Be it a virtual machine or bare metal?

Depends on the browser and how you installed flash. These locations
look interesting though:-

/usr/lib/flashplugin-installer/libflashplayer.so
/usr/share/ubufox/plugins/libflashplayer.so

Cheers,
Al.

Old 10-24-2011, 07:28 PM
Ioannis Vranos

On Mon, Oct 24, 2011 at 3:32 PM, Abhishek Dixit <abhidixit87@gmail.com> wrote:
> My question still remains the same how do I install the old version of
> flash player.
> Be it a virtual machine or bare metal?

I have adobe flash installed in my system, from the Ubuntu
repositories. After making a search for the life, I found its full
path is:

/usr/lib/adobe-flashplugin/libflashplayer.so

--
Ioannis Vranos

http://www.cpp-software.net