Old 10-24-2011, 01:12 AM
Squeeze Winnet

Default Evga UV Plus 16 USB to VGA with Ubuntu

Just wondering if anyone on this list has managed to get Ubuntu 11.10 or lower to work with this USB to VGA adaptor?
http://www.evga.com/products/moreInfo.asp?pn=100-U2-UV19-TR&family=USB&sw=10

I've spent about 8 hours trying with no luck and endless Google searches and it seems everyone get's as far as I do where the device is seen by Ubuntu, however it won't display.
The device works fine with Windows 7 as advertised, but I really want have my 3 screens working with Ubuntu.

Thanks

Old 10-24-2011, 01:54 AM
Ioannis Vranos

On Mon, Oct 24, 2011 at 4:12 AM, Squeeze Winnet <squeeze@winnetworks.com> wrote:
> Just wondering if anyone on this list has managed to get Ubuntu 11.10 or lower to work with this USB to VGA adaptor?
> http://www.evga.com/products/moreInfo.asp?pn=100-U2-UV19-TR&family=USB&sw=10
>
> I've spent about 8 hours trying with no luck and endless Google searches and it seems everyone get's as far as I do where the device is seen by Ubuntu, however it won't display.
> The device works fine with Windows 7 as advertised, but I really want have my 3 screens working with Ubuntu.

Try installing linux-firmware-nonfree installed and reboot.

However having looked at that web site, I see they offer only Windows drivers.

--
Ioannis Vranos

http://www.cpp-software.net

Old 10-24-2011, 03:47 AM
Squeeze Winnet

Thanks, but no joy just a green screen like always.I did actually contact evga and they said no Linux drivers are available and to try the Displaylink sites which I've also look at*http://libdlo.freedesktop.org/wiki/.Actually had the screen display using libdlo from that site, but I'm not a developer and so couldn't write a driver or anything, but it does prove that the device could be used with Linux/Ubuntu (I guess).
Anyway thanks for your reply... I may have to upgrade my computer if I want to use 3 screens and Ubuntu.