Old 10-23-2011, 06:48 PM
Bruce Pieterse

Default unity panel make sticky

On Sun 23 Oct 2011 19:53:23 SAST, Henri Mone wrote:

Dear Unity Users,

I just switched to Ubuntu 11.10. I'm coming to unity desktop from
gnome. It is for me quiet annoying that the panel on the left side
always diapers. I would like to know:

1. How do I make the unity panel on the left side sticky?
2. How do I make the icons on the unity panel smaller, not all of my
applications fit on the panel.

Thanks,
Henri

Hi Henri,

You can find this option under the Compiz Config Settings Manager. This
can be installed via the terminal with sudo apt-get install
compizconfig-settings-manager. Once installed you can launch the
application and then click on Ubuntu Unity Plugin. To make the panel
sticky change the option "Hide Launcher" to "Never". To change the size
of the icons switch to the "Experimental" tab on the top and change
"Launcher icon size" to its minimum value of 32.

You might need to logout and login again to see the changes. If the
changes still do not reflect try restarting the OS. I changed the
settings earlier and didn't notice any changes, and I have yet to
logout/login or restart my machine.

If you would like to change additional Gnome settings you could try
Ubuntu Tweak from ubuntu-tweak.com or use the advanced tool from the
repository.

--
Best of luck,

Bruce

Sun Oct 23 22:30:02 2011
<lorenzo@lorenzomartinez.es>, uid 500) with qmail-scanner-2.08
(clamdscan: 0.97.2/13407. Clear:RC:1(192.168.52.133):.
Processed in 0.013368 secs); 23 Oct 2011 18:54:12 -0000