Old 10-23-2011, 12:21 PM
"Joep L. Blom"

Default ubuntu 11-10

I finally installed ubuntu 11-10 as a virtual guest (under Vmware) but,
contrary to a loat of moaning and screeming about Unity I was pleasantly
surprised by the user interface as I thought it was much worse!.
Installation went like a breeze and even network was no problem (wired).
Even adjusting time and date was easy and simple and I could even enter
my personal location (Almere, a small town below sea-level).
OK, the window handles are on the wrong =Apple) side but I assume I can
change that with Ubuntu Tweak.
I have but one -small- problem. The real estate taken by the menu-list
(on the left side of the screen is awfully big. I would like to reduce
it to 25 % (or 30%) and position it on the upper side of the screen.
However, I don't know how 'flexible' the interface is.
I hope somebody has answers and als if there are other means that Ubuntu
Tweak to chage the window buttons location.

Joep