Old 10-23-2011, 07:36 AM
嘉谟

Default the wlan

After* update 11.04*to 11.10,
every time i input my passwd to*conect the wlan , it conn't connect .
ifconfig have the wlan0
i can up*it too.*
*
I am not* it can knoeledge the network ,why it can't connect it .
**

Old 10-24-2011, 02:59 AM
Tapas Mishra

2011/10/23 嘉谟 <yxy.716@gmail.com>:
> After update 11.04 to 11.10,
> every time i input my passwd to conect the wlan , it conn't connect .
> ifconfig have the wlan0
> i can up it too.
>
> I am not it can knoeledge the network ,why it can't connect it .
>

> --
Is it asking for keyring password or the corresponding SSID password,
install wicd ,I did not had good experience with Network Manager Gnome
wicd rather worked better for most of my work
sudo apt-get install wicd
and then configure your network etc..

Old 10-24-2011, 03:17 AM
reeyarn

Hi i did the apt-get install wicd but encountered this error
Setting up wicd-daemon (1.7.0+ds1-6) ...** Starting Network connection manager wicd * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *[fail]*

How can I check what happened?Thanks!

Old 10-24-2011, 11:49 AM
Tapas Mishra

On Mon, Oct 24, 2011 at 8:47 AM, reeyarn <reeyarn@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi i did the apt-get install wicd but encountered this error
> Setting up wicd-daemon (1.7.0+ds1-6) ...
> ** Starting Network connection manager wicd
> * * * *[fail]
> How can I check what happened?
> Thanks!

/var/log/wicd/wicd.log

do not forget to uninstall network manager gnome