Old 10-22-2011, 02:52 PM
drew einhorn

Default Unity Argghhh!!!

I gave it a try in 11.04 and found it UNUSABLE.
In 11.10 it's better, but it hides the applications menus and replaces them with a subset of the menus, which makes it UNUSABLE!

--
Drew Einhorn

"You can see a lot by just looking."
* --* Yogi Berra

Old 10-22-2011, 02:55 PM
"compdoc"

*
>In 11.10 it's better, but it hides the applications menus and replaces them with a subset of the menus, which makes it UNUSABLE!
Heh. Welcome to the future of tablets and handhelds…
*
*

Old 10-22-2011, 02:56 PM
Colin Law

On 22 October 2011 15:52, drew einhorn <drew.einhorn@gmail.com> wrote:
> I gave it a try in 11.04 and found it UNUSABLE.
> In 11.10 it's better, but it hides the applications menus and replaces them
> with a subset of the menus, which makes it UNUSABLE!

Can you give a detailed example of what you mean?

Colin

Old 10-22-2011, 05:30 PM
Liam Proven

On 22 October 2011 15:52, drew einhorn <drew.einhorn@gmail.com> wrote:
> I gave it a try in 11.04 and found it UNUSABLE.

I found it perfectly usable and prefer it to GNOME in many ways. Don't
assume *your* preferences are everyone else's, too.

> In 11.10 it's better, but it hides the applications menus and replaces them
> with a subset of the menus, which makes it UNUSABLE!

It doesn't /hide/ the menus, it /moves/ them - to the top of the
screen, Mac style, in accordance with Fitt's Law.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fitt%27s_law

However, they are concealed until you mouse-over them or press Alt.
That is a very silly idea, to my mind.

The menus in the top panel are not a subset; they are the whole thing.
Have you found anything missing?