Old 10-21-2011, 11:11 AM
mohammad kashif

Default Ubuntu Server installation fail with Software Raid

*
Hi
*
I am trying to install Ubuntu Server with software raid with /boot on raid1 and /swap and / on raid0. Installation goes smoothly but fail with installation*of grub with error
"/usr/sbin/grub-setup error embedding is not possible , but this is required for cross-disk install."
*
I know that a lot of other people have seen this problem with 11.04 so I tried with 11.10 and still it is not working.
I managed to install* it with /boot on non raid partition and rest on raid0. It is working fine. But my problem is that I have to install 10's of server with same configuration and I want to use preseed. So basically I have two question.

*

Has someone managed to install with software raid on 11.04*or 11.10 or is there any proper workaround for this ?
or/and
*
Is it possible to mix raid and non raid partition with preseed. I could not find any document for this.
*
Any suggestion, links etc.
*
Thanks