odd network error - wireless drops when browsing with mc over ssh
I've been getting an odd network error when trying to work on a remote
computer over ssh. What happens is:
- I log in to the remote machine using ssh.
- Then su to the root user.
- Then start midnight commander. (mc)
- Then navigate to the /etc directory using the arrow keys. (By going
back up the tree then down into /etc)
- When I press the right arrow key to go into /etc, the terminal window
shows no response, and shortly afterwards the wireless connection to our
local router drops.
- After this has happened, I am unable to reconnect to the router again
over wireless until I reboot it.
If I change to /etc before starting mc, the problem doesn't occur, even
if I then return to the root dir and go back into /etc.
This error has happened pretty consistently in the way I describe about
6 or 7 times now. It doesn't happen every time I do this, but when it
does, the error always occurs at the point where I try to go into /etc
from the root dir. The only significant thing to have changed on the
remote machine is that I recently upgraded it to run debian squeeze.
I don't really have much idea where to go from here, as what is
happening is outside what I understand of how the relevant protocols are
supposed to work. Any suggestions on what might be happening, or things
to try to diagnose the problem further, would be much appreciated.
ubuntu-users mailing list
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users