Old 10-13-2011, 03:50 PM
Colin Law

Default Downloading in Firefox stuck

I am trying to download Oneiric iso in Firefox 7 and it has stuck at
478 of 695MB. I wonder what to do now. I have limited bandwidth so
don't want to start again unless necessary. I have waited an hour but
nothing is happening. FF is still going ok, it is just the download
that has got stuck.

I could click Pause and Continue but am hesitating in case it just
throws it all away.

Colin
--
gplus.to/clanlaw

Old 10-13-2011, 04:27 PM
Avi Greenbury

Colin Law wrote:

> I am trying to download Oneiric iso in Firefox 7 and it has stuck at
> 478 of 695MB. I wonder what to do now. I have limited bandwidth so
> don't want to start again unless necessary. I have waited an hour but
> nothing is happening. FF is still going ok, it is just the download
> that has got stuck.

If your bandwidth is limited, your best bet is probably to either
download it over bittorrent for the reliability and speed, or wait until
the rush is over (give it a few days), by which point you'll be able to
get more reliable HTTP connections to the various HTTP mirrors.

In fact, bittorrent is almost always the fastest and most reliable way
to get it, especially immediately post-release.

--
Avi