-   -   Sharing files between macbook and ubuntu desktop (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-user/58708-sharing-files-between-macbook-ubuntu-desktop.html)

Charles Malespin 07-29-2007 05:20 PM

Sharing files between macbook and ubuntu desktop

Hi all, I have a ubuntu desktop that I would like my macbook to be able
to get files off of wirelessly. The desktop is connected to a linksys
wireless router which the macbook uses. I do not know much(none
actually) about networking or remote access, but I would like to be able
to just take files(music movies etc) off the desktop from the macbook.
Is this possible in a fairly easy secure way? I have been trying to get
it to work with chicken of the VNC, but I dont really know what Im doing
in terms of opening ports etc through the firewalls I have(firestarter
on ubuntu, Mac's firewall on the macbook)
Thanks
Charles