Old 10-13-2011, 04:59 AM
Jon Anderson

Default How do I associate PDF files to acrobat reader

When I get a PDF file now it tries to open it in Rhythmbox, I have no
Idea how it got changed but would like to change it back, can anyone
help. I'm using ubuntu11.04

Old 10-13-2011, 05:03 AM
Md Ashickur Rahman Noor

Try document viwer,xpdf or Foxit Reader.----------------------------------------------------------
Dedicated Linux Forum in Bangladesh

Thank you
Md Ashickur Rahman
Volunteer, Foundation for Open Source Solutions Bangladesh.

Old 10-13-2011, 06:37 AM
John D Lamb

On Wed, 2011-10-12 at 23:59 -0500, Jon Anderson wrote:
> When I get a PDF file now it tries to open it in Rhythmbox, I have no
> Idea how it got changed but would like to change it back, can anyone
> help. I'm using ubuntu11.04

In Nautilus, right-click, select Open with and choose Other Application.
Then select the application from a list.

If you want Acrobat rather than evince (document viewer) you may find
the Acrobat Reader is not listed: then you can type in (or
find) /usr/bin/acroread, which should work.

--
JDL

Old 10-13-2011, 08:14 AM
Colin Law

On 13 October 2011 05:59, Jon Anderson <jbander@izoom.net> wrote:
> When I get a PDF file now it tries to open it in Rhythmbox, I have no Idea
> how it got changed but would like to change it back, can anyone help. I'm
> using ubuntu11.04

Right click on a pdf file and select Properties, then Open With and
specify the app you want. That should change the default app for pdf
files.

Colin