Old 10-12-2011, 03:39 PM
Detlef Lechner

Default Banshee 2.0.0 "Copy files to media folders when importing" - precise function?

Hi!

What does Banshee do exactly if I press Banshee 2.0.0 > Edit >
Preferences > General > (File Policies) > "Copy files to media folders
when importing"?

Regrds,
Detlef Lechner

Old 10-12-2011, 03:47 PM
Alan Pope

On 12 October 2011 16:39, Detlef Lechner <Detlef.Lechner@gmx.net> wrote:
> What does Banshee do exactly if I press Banshee 2.0.0 > Edit >
> Preferences > General > (File Policies) > "Copy files to media folders
> when importing"?

Exactly what it says. If you choose it then you get the media (music
files) copied from wherever they are (mp3 player, USB stick,
additional hard disk, media server) to your music folder, which is
usually ~/Music. If you don't then it will leave them where they are
and internally record their location.

Al.