-   -   Software for taking daily backup (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-user/586295-software-taking-daily-backup.html)

Jatin 10-11-2011 04:06 PM

Software for taking daily backup

Hi

I am looking for a backup application to run on my ubuntu 10.04 laptop
which can take backup in the following way:

I want the application to take the entire folder as backup and then,
it should check to see which files has changed from the backup that is
stored already and then
only do a backup of the file that has changed and leave the rest of the
files untouched.

Please suggest some applications that can do this for me.

Thanks
Jatin

Alan Pope 10-11-2011 04:14 PM

On 11 October 2011 17:06, Jatin <daveyjatin@gmail.com> wrote:
> I want the application to take the entire folder as backup and then,
> it should check to see which files has changed from the backup that is
> stored already and then
> only do a backup of the file that has changed and leave the rest of the
> files untouched.

deja-dup, rsnapshot & rdiff-backup can all do this.

Al.

Jatin 10-11-2011 04:18 PM

Software for taking daily backup

deja-dup, rsnapshot& rdiff-backup can all do this.

Al.

Thanks Alan. I will check them out.

Thanks
Jatin

Pop Horea-Vasile 10-11-2011 05:03 PM

Software for taking daily backup

I am looking for a backup application to run on my ubuntu 10.04 laptop
which can take backup in the following way:

I want the application to take the entire folder as backup and then,
it should check to see which files has changed from the backup that is
stored already and then
only do a backup of the file that has changed and leave the rest of
the files untouched.

Please suggest some applications that can do this for me.

Thanks
Jatin

Try Oneiric Ocelot. It has back-up sistem by default. --black box--

"Joep L. Blom" 10-11-2011 09:39 PM

Software for taking daily backup

I am looking for a backup application to run on my ubuntu 10.04 laptop
which can take backup in the following way:

I want the application to take the entire folder as backup and then,
it should check to see which files has changed from the backup that is
stored already and then
only do a backup of the file that has changed and leave the rest of
the files untouched.

Please suggest some applications that can do this for me.

Thanks
Jatin

The most used one is backuppc which can be used to backup several
systems on a network, either Linux or Windows. I have it running for
several years. It is iin the repositories (e.g. apt-get install
backuppc) or download it directly from

http://sourceforge.net/projects/backuppc/

Joep

Knute Johnson 10-11-2011 10:50 PM

Software for taking daily backup

I am looking for a backup application to run on my ubuntu 10.04 laptop
which can take backup in the following way:

I want the application to take the entire folder as backup and then,
it should check to see which files has changed from the backup that is
stored already and then
only do a backup of the file that has changed and leave the rest of the
files untouched.

Please suggest some applications that can do this for me.

Thanks
Jatin

I just use a cron job with cp -r -u works fine.

--

Knute Johnson