Old 10-10-2011, 12:01 PM
Verde Denim

Default ssh connection

I set up keys to connect to my home server, which works by asking for a key authentication phrase via a dialog box that presents when putting the ssh command into a terminal.
I used this this morning, except I wanted to see what happens if I cancel the dialog box. In this case, I get a message that says that the agent admits failure, but then I'm asked for the password for the account I am trying to login with. Is there something else I can change in sshd conf to prevent this (I only want to login with public/private keys)?

Thanks, as always, for the input.

Old 10-10-2011, 12:03 PM
Alan Pope

On 10 October 2011 13:01, Verde Denim <tdldev@gmail.com> wrote:
> I used this this morning, except I wanted to see what happens if I cancel
> the dialog box. In this case, I get a message that says that the agent
> admits failure, but then I'm asked for the password for the account I am
> trying to login with. Is there something else I can change in sshd conf to
> prevent this (I only want to login with public/private keys)?

PasswordAuthentication no

Cheers,
Al.