-   -   DVD-video burning (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-user/58569-dvd-video-burning.html)

"Matthew Clarke" 07-29-2007 03:00 PM

DVD-video burning

Hey all,

Just wondering what people are using to burn dvd-video disks (i.e.
4.7GB disks to play in set-top players).

I've tried QDVDauthor(sp?) and DeVeDe with suboptimal results in both
cases. Should I put in the time to get one of these working? or is
there another app out there that I'm missing?

Cheers,.
--
Matthew Clarke

norman 07-29-2007 06:10 PM

DVD-video burning

> Hey all,
>
> Just wondering what people are using to burn dvd-video disks (i.e.
> 4.7GB disks to play in set-top players).
>
> I've tried QDVDauthor(sp?) and DeVeDe with suboptimal results in both
> cases. Should I put in the time to get one of these working? or is
> there another app out there that I'm missing?

I suppose it depends on from where you are starting. I happen to use
Mythtv and there is an excellent system there for editing and burning
videos to DVD. Try Google there must be lots of possibilities.

Norman