Old 10-10-2011, 06:12 AM
dickkamminga

Default video conference

Hello,

I am new with Ubuntu11, and i have a logitech webcam 210. I would like
to video conference with it, but it does not work.
When i started cheese it works fine, but when i try pidgin, that program
starts up but not my camera screen.
How to get this thing working for video conference.

Thanks in advance,

dick kamminga

Old 10-11-2011, 05:14 PM
Detlef Lechner

On Mon, 2011-10-10 at 08:12 +0200, dickkamminga wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am new with Ubuntu11, and i have a logitech webcam 210. I would like
> to video conference with it, but it does not work.
> When i started cheese it works fine, but when i try pidgin, that program
> starts up but not my camera screen.
> How to get this thing working for video conference.
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> dick kamminga

Pidgin shows you a Buddy List. In the Buddy List there is a menu. The
fourth menu item is "Help". Click on Help.
"Frequently Asked Questions about Pidgin" will appear.
Please read 2.4 "Voice and Video".

Detlef

Old 10-11-2011, 11:22 PM
Wade Smart

Try skype. I use it mostly with good results with my clients daily.

Wade

On Tue, Oct 11, 2011 at 12:14, Detlef Lechner <Detlef.Lechner@gmx.net> wrote:
> On Mon, 2011-10-10 at 08:12 +0200, dickkamminga wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I am new with Ubuntu11, and i have a logitech webcam 210. I would like
>> to video conference with it, but it does not work.
>> When i started cheese it works fine, but when i try pidgin, that program
>> starts up but not my camera screen.
>> How to get this thing working for video conference.
>>
>> Thanks in advance,
>>
>> dick kamminga
>
> Pidgin shows you a Buddy List. In the Buddy List there is a menu. The
> fourth menu item is "Help". Click on Help.
> "Frequently Asked Questions about Pidgin" will appear.
> Please read 2.4 "Voice and Video".
>
> Detlef

Registered Linux User: #480675
Registered Linux Machine: #408606