Old 10-09-2011, 03:00 PM
Pop Horea-Vasile

Default 310M Nvidia driver and 3D accelation

Hello, I have the laptop msi cx623 with NVIDIA Geforce 310M / 1GB DDR3
and after upgrade to oneiric ocelot the nvidia driver is in use. BUT I
got the messeges in terminal:

pophorea@pophorea-MS-168A:~$ glxinfo| grep direct
Xlib: extension "GLX" missing on display ":0".
Xlib: extension "GLX" missing on display ":0".
Xlib: extension "GLX" missing on display ":0".
Xlib: extension "GLX" missing on display ":0".
Xlib: extension "GLX" missing on display ":0".
Error: couldn't find RGB GLX visual or fbconfig
Xlib: extension "GLX" missing on display ":0".
Xlib: extension "GLX" missing on display ":0".
Xlib: extension "GLX" missing on display ":0".
Xlib: extension "GLX" missing on display ":0".
Xlib: extension "GLX" missing on display ":0".
Xlib: extension "GLX" missing on display ":0".
Xlib: extension "GLX" missing on display ":0".
Is there a solutions to have 3D enabled with nvidia driver ?
I use BOINC and this way have GPU active for computation. It will be
perfect if 3D will be ok.

Thank you.