Old 10-09-2011, 02:49 AM
Lucio M Nicolosi

Default ASRock K8NF4G-SATA2 Socket 754 Micro ATX Motherboard w/, 128MB nVidia Ge force 6100 Video

On Sat, Oct 8, 2011 at 9:35 PM, Jon Anderson <jbander@izoom.net> wrote:
> I have been struggling for almost a *half year trying to make ubuntu
> work on my computer.I have a Via onboard video on my computer (no
> support) and I've tried a Nvidia 6600gt and a matrox video board
> nothing works very well. Any way I have decided to upgrade my board
> and chip to a ASRock K8NF4G-SATA2 Socket 754 Micro ATX Motherboard w/
> 128MB nVidia Video – Refurbished and a new *athlon 3200. then I can
> save the money on keeping my memory and maybe fix it the cheapest way
> possible. My main question is will the Geforce 6100 work well in linux
> and comment anything you want on my Idea, money is a problem(I just
> bought my toy for the year already)

My father's station is based on an old ABIT KV-85 - Socket 754 MB with
an AMD 64 3200+ processor and a 23" 1680x1050 monitor attached to a
256 Mb GeForce 6200 video board. With two Gb of RAM it runs Maverick
64 like a charm.

L.

--
Lucio M. Nicolosi, Eng.