Old 10-09-2011, 01:49 AM
"A. Kromic"

Default X priority

In the days of old, Ubuntu (and debian) via debconf offered to tweak
default X niceness, which I had usually set to something below zero, say
-3. It was helpful on slow machines, and even now I miss that feature
which misteriously vanished in newer Ubuntus, yet I'd find it quite
helpful sometimes when my machine has a high system load and doesn't
respond to keyborard or mouse properly.

How could I set X default niceness manually to get the same effect?

Thanks,
Arny

--
A.Kromic
-

Old 10-09-2011, 12:11 PM
Luis Paulo

On Sun, Oct 9, 2011 at 02:49, A. Kromic <akromic@gmail.com> wrote:
> In the days of old, Ubuntu (and debian) via debconf offered to tweak
> default X niceness, which I had usually set to something below zero, say
> -3. It was helpful on slow machines, and even now I miss that feature
> which misteriously vanished in newer Ubuntus, yet I'd find it quite
> helpful sometimes when my machine has a high system load and doesn't
> respond to keyborard or mouse properly.
>
> How could I set X default niceness manually to get the same effect?

Reading man startx, have you tried to add nice on the
/etc/X11/xinit/xserverrc file? Or maybe better, on a
$(HOME)/.xserverrc file.

Really don't know if this will help you, sorry.
Luis