Old 10-03-2011, 03:48 PM
Abhishek Dixit

Default Unable to Install 11.04

I am trying to install Ubuntu 11.04 and I have wasted more than 4 hours.
The installer window does not proceeds after showing a message on screen

Preparing to Install Ubuntu (with nice GUI of course)

and there is a circle which keeps on rotating (I have clicked Forward button)
but more than an hour and I am unable to do so.
I repeated this process many many times.

--
Regards
Abhi

Old 10-03-2011, 07:24 PM
R Kimber

On Mon, 3 Oct 2011 21:18:55 +0530
Abhishek Dixit wrote:

> I am trying to install Ubuntu 11.04 and I have wasted more than 4 hours.
> The installer window does not proceeds after showing a message on screen
>
> Preparing to Install Ubuntu (with nice GUI of course)

Sometimes you need to use the text installer on the alternate cd.

- Richard.
--
Richard Kimber
Political Science Resources

Old 10-04-2011, 02:41 AM
Abhishek Dixit

On Tue, Oct 4, 2011 at 12:54 AM, R Kimber <richardkimber@btinternet.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 3 Oct 2011 21:18:55 +0530
> Abhishek Dixit wrote:
>
>> I am trying to install Ubuntu 11.04 and I have wasted more than 4 hours.
>> The installer window does not proceeds after showing a message on screen
>>
>> Preparing to Install Ubuntu (with nice GUI of course)
>
> Sometimes you need to use the text installer on the alternate cd.
>
> - Richard.

After approximately 12 hours of non sense the installer crashed.
I hate Linux for these reasons.I installed windows 2 years back and
every thing till today runs as professional as any thing.
Every month I need to do an update to Ubuntu some new arbit release
happens.Some thing crashes and here I am left the whole day
formatting my hard disk like an idiot as if I don't have any thing
else in the world to do and when you tell such a thing to an open
source community
you are looked as if you did some thing horribly wrong the truth is
Ubuntu sucks.
--
Regards
Abhi

Old 10-04-2011, 03:19 AM
"compdoc"

>After approximately 12 hours of non sense the installer crashed.
>I hate Linux for these reasons.I installed windows 2 years back and
>every thing till today runs as professional as any thing.

There is nothing wrong with Linux or Ubuntu, as millions of people can tell
you. Ubuntu is perfectly stable up to version 11.04.

You are having problems, but it's for some other reason than the OS. Your
computer is malfunctioning, or something you're doing is wrong, or some
software package you're installing is making it unstable.

It can also be a combination of the above. Computer systems are complicated,
and take a lot of time and experience to learn how repair.

Don't give up on it.

Old 10-04-2011, 03:28 AM
Craig White

On Mon, 2011-10-03 at 21:18 +0530, Abhishek Dixit wrote:
> I am trying to install Ubuntu 11.04 and I have wasted more than 4 hours.
> The installer window does not proceeds after showing a message on screen
>
> Preparing to Install Ubuntu (with nice GUI of course)
>
> and there is a circle which keeps on rotating (I have clicked Forward button)
> but more than an hour and I am unable to do so.
> I repeated this process many many times.
----
sounds like a problem that is typically caused by downloading and
burning the ISO image on one machine and trying to use it on another
which struggles to read the CD.

Burn the ISO image at the slowest possible speed you can.

Issue really doesn't have anything to do with Linux or Ubuntu - problem
is strictly hardware related.

Craig

believed to be clean.

Old 10-04-2011, 04:53 AM
chris

On Mon, 2011-10-03 at 20:28 -0700, Craig White wrote:
> On Mon, 2011-10-03 at 21:18 +0530, Abhishek Dixit wrote:
> > I am trying to install Ubuntu 11.04 and I have wasted more than 4 hours.
> > The installer window does not proceeds after showing a message on screen
> >
> > Preparing to Install Ubuntu (with nice GUI of course)
> >
> > and there is a circle which keeps on rotating (I have clicked Forward button)
> > but more than an hour and I am unable to do so.
> > I repeated this process many many times.
> ----
> sounds like a problem that is typically caused by downloading and
> burning the ISO image on one machine and trying to use it on another
> which struggles to read the CD.
>
> Burn the ISO image at the slowest possible speed you can.
>
> Issue really doesn't have anything to do with Linux or Ubuntu - problem
> is strictly hardware related.
>
> Craig
and run the md5sum