Old 10-03-2011, 01:28 PM
Amichai Rotman

Default Gnome3 on Natty

Hi,
I followed this article to install Gnome 3 on my Natty box:
http://www.ubuntugeek.com/how-to-install-gnome3-on-ubuntu-11-04-nattyubuntu-10-10-maverick.html

After following the steps:
I lost my control box over the windows (the 'Minimize, close and maximize' buttons on top). These controls are *present when I maximize the window, as they were before.

I lost quite a few options (like -*Appearance) in the System Settings menu.
The GDM login is very plain and I cannot figure out how to configure it (change background, time format etc.)

And more...
Can anyone tell me how to revert to the full Unity Desktop, or *even better - fix the Gnome 3 desktop?
Thanks!
Amichai