-   -   qt download and site certification (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-user/582901-qt-download-site-certification.html)

Alain Muls 10-03-2011 11:23 AM

qt download and site certification

Hi All

I am working on a program that downloads GPS almanac data from a site
and then performs calculations.
The site I want to use is gps.afspc.af.mil/gps/archive/ and a file I
want to download is e.g.

https://gps.afspc.af.mil/gps/archive/2011/ALMANACS/YUMA/200.ALM

This gives me problems with the site certification using the program
download or downloadmanager as found in the examples directory.
I think I must use ssl certification, but I do not knwo howto do this.

I can download the file with wget as follows:
wget --no-check-certificate
https://gps.afspc.af.mil/gps/archive/2011/ALMANACS/YUMA/200.ALM

How can I introduce this --no-check-certificate in download or downloadmanager.

Tx/Alain

sktsee 10-04-2011 07:16 PM

qt download and site certification

I am working on a program that downloads GPS almanac data from a site
and then performs calculations.
The site I want to use is gps.afspc.af.mil/gps/archive/ and a file I
want to download is e.g.

https://gps.afspc.af.mil/gps/archive/2011/ALMANACS/YUMA/200.ALM

This gives me problems with the site certification using the program
download or downloadmanager as found in the examples directory.
I think I must use ssl certification, but I do not knwo howto do this.

I can download the file with wget as follows:
wget --no-check-certificate
https://gps.afspc.af.mil/gps/archive/2011/ALMANACS/YUMA/200.ALM

How can I introduce this --no-check-certificate in download or downloadmanager.

I'm not sure which specific program you're using here. Download or
downloadmanager are pretty generic terms, and an apt-cache search on
"download" brings up an awful lot of packages. Even narrowing the search
with grep still lists quite a few packages. However, if you know the
program you are using is a graphical front-end to wget, you can
create/edit the configuration file ~/.wgetrc to include the line,
"check-certificate = off", and it will tell wget to bypass validity
checking for ssl certs. I just tried it with the Gnome gwget program and
was able to download the ALM file without a hitch.

--
sktsee