Old 10-02-2011, 04:15 PM
Bill Walton

Default help please - update killed sound

Hi,

I'm running 10.04 on an HP G72 laptop. Everything's been good until
last week when I let Update Manager do an update and sound went away.
I did Step 1 at
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/SoundTroubleshootingProcedure and it
ends with an error: E: Couldn't find package
linux-alsa-driver-modules-2.6.32-34-generic. Synaptic Package Manager
shows the package as installed. Rebooted. No sound. Sure could use
some help.

TIA,
Bill

Old 10-02-2011, 04:21 PM
Larry

I'm running 10.04 on an HP G72 laptop. Everything's been good until
last week when I let Update Manager do an update and sound went away.
I did Step 1 at
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/SoundTroubleshootingProcedure and it
ends with an error: E: Couldn't find package
linux-alsa-driver-modules-2.6.32-34-generic. Synaptic Package Manager
shows the package as installed. Rebooted. No sound. Sure could use
some help.

TIA,
Bill

*Try alsamixer & pavucontrol for your audio setting, make sure that
nothing is muted and the levels are turned up*...

*
Larry
*