-   -   onieric power settings (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-user/582620-onieric-power-settings.html)

Jared Greenwald 10-02-2011 02:00 PM

onieric power settings

I think I must be going a bit crazy. Recently, there was a large set
of updates to Onieric and apparently one of them messed with power
save and suspend settings. Maybe I'm not the only one experiencing
this...?

I have my power save settings set to never suspend and never
hibernate. Just have my screen saver settings set to power off the
monitor after 10 min and lock the screen. Except, after the recent
update, once the screen powers off, it's also putting my desktop into
suspend mode. Now, this wouldn't be much of an issue except for the
fact that this is also killing my network connection. I often use the
off hours time to download large files from work and keep long running
jobs monitored. I tried to just increase the time that the screen was
on before kicking in the screen off setting, but it seems that 1 hour
is the max.

Am I the only one experiencing this?

Steve Flynn 10-02-2011 07:13 PM

onieric power settings

Nope - same thing happening on my m15x but I've not actually looked into what's causing it - just noticed the laptop was in suspend mode when it shouldn't*be.*

--
Steve

When one person suffers from a delusion it is insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion.

Alan Pope 10-02-2011 07:16 PM

onieric power settings

On 2 October 2011 15:00, Jared Greenwald <greenwaldjared@gmail.com> wrote:
> I think I must be going a bit crazy. *Recently, there was a large set
> of updates to Onieric and apparently one of them messed with power
> save and suspend settings. *Maybe I'm not the only one experiencing
> this...?

Known bug.

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gnome-power-manager/+bug/854624

Al.

Colin Watson 10-03-2011 12:00 PM

onieric power settings

On Sun, Oct 02, 2011 at 08:16:55PM +0100, Alan Pope wrote:
> On 2 October 2011 15:00, Jared Greenwald <greenwaldjared@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I think I must be going a bit crazy. *Recently, there was a large set
> > of updates to Onieric and apparently one of them messed with power
> > save and suspend settings. *Maybe I'm not the only one experiencing
> > this...?
>
> Known bug.
>
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gnome-power-manager/+bug/854624

Also:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gnome-settings-daemon/+bug/860485
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gnome-control-center/+bug/864479

--
Colin Watson [cjwatson@ubuntu.com]

Dave Woyciesjes 10-03-2011 06:05 PM

onieric power settings

Jared Greenwald wrote:

I think I must be going a bit crazy. Recently, there was a large set
of updates to Onieric and apparently one of them messed with power
save and suspend settings. Maybe I'm not the only one experiencing
this...?

I have my power save settings set to never suspend and never
hibernate...

[...clipped...]

... I tried to just increase the time that the screen was
on before kicking in the screen off setting, but it seems that 1 hour
is the max.

Alan & Colin posted links to bugs for your issue, but on a 10.4 machine
I had, I wanted to increase the time beyond the 1 hour the GUI gave me.
I don't recall where exactly, but I went into the Configuration
Editor(gconf-editor) and cranked up the time there. I think the time is
in milliseconds? (600=1 hour)
IIRC, the key is /apps/gnome-power-manager/timeout. Not sure if this
works/exists in Onieric, but it may be a starting point.

--
--- Dave Woyciesjes
--- ICQ# 905818

- from some guy in the internet.