Old 10-01-2011, 12:58 PM
Verde Denim

Default backuppc help

I've installed backuppc from the repo on my 11.04 server
From my 11.04 laptop, I go to the address to login as: http://192.168.0.100/backuppc/

The authentication dialog comes up, but when I entered the user as backuppc and the password, it fails.

After checking this a couple of times, I figured that maybe I had the pw wrong, so I went to a terminal and executed -
passwd -d backuppc

passwd backuppc
New password: xxx
Retype: xxx
Password changed

I returned to the web interface and got the same results. I must be missing something here, but cannot tell exactly what.
Anyone set this up successfully? Thanks, as always, for the invaluable help!

Regards

Jack