-   -   I want to boot multiple linux systems off a 8 g thumbdrive (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-user/581446-i-want-boot-multiple-linux-systems-off-8-g-thumbdrive.html)

Richard Owlett 09-29-2011 05:05 AM

I want to boot multiple linux systems off a 8 g thumbdrive

Jon Anderson wrote:

Thanks for the response but that is a windows program, you put the iso
in it in windows. I do have a question though ,when you set you usb to
boot first before your hard drive can you then operate right off the
thumb drive or do you have to go into windows first.

IIRC there is a Linux version with a slightly different name.
Google for YUMI

Both my laptop and my desktop allow an alternate boot device.
If I chose USB I NEVER no *NEVER* get Windows(tm) :)

Richard Owlett 10-01-2011 07:04 PM

Jon Anderson wrote:

Thanks for the response but that is a windows program, you put the iso
in it in windows. I do have a question though ,when you set you usb to
boot first before your hard drive can you then operate right off the
thumb drive or do you have to go into windows first.

http://www.panticz.de/MultiBootUSB
or
http://www.pendrivelinux.com/multiboot-create-a-multiboot-usb-from-linux/

may lead to what you want