Old 09-29-2011, 12:43 AM
Jon Anderson

Default I want to boot multiple linux systems off a 8 g thumbdrive

And I want to do it out of Ubuntu 11.04, Can anyone suggest a program
other then multisystem (it don't work)

Old 09-29-2011, 02:35 AM
Richard Owlett

Jon Anderson wrote:

And I want to do it out of Ubuntu 11.04, Can anyone suggest a program
<http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/237814-50-boot-multiple-linux-system-thumbdrive#>
other then multisystem (it don't work)

Your post is vague.
The referenced link appeared garbled to me ;<
Try YUMI at
http://www.pendrivelinux.com/yumi-multiboot-usb-creator/

I don't really like it. BUT it is operable. I currently have
a USB drive with seven iso's on it (6 Linux, 1 *VERY* other*)

5 of the Linux distros work - the six apparently has
problems with my hardware

the the far out "other" works fine also

describe your system
describe your symptoms/problems

Old 09-29-2011, 03:45 AM
"Sharl.Jimh.Tsin"

在 2011-09-28三的 19:43 -0500,Jon Anderson写道:
> And I want to do it out of Ubuntu 11.04, Can anyone suggest a program
> other then multisystem (it don't work)

what do you want to do? install multi-system in your hardhisk, and boot
them separately ?

if so,the linux boot program likes Grub can do it by default.

--
Best regards,
Sharl.Jimh.Tsin (From China **Obviously Taiwan INCLUDED**)

Using Gmail? Please read this important notice:
http://www.fsf.org/campaigns/jstrap/gmail?10073.

Old 09-29-2011, 04:36 AM
Jon Anderson

Thanks for the response but that is a windows program, you put the iso
in it in windows. I do have a question though ,when you set you usb to
boot first before your hard drive can you then operate right off the
thumb drive or do you have to go into windows first.

Old 09-29-2011, 04:38 AM
Jon Anderson

No I want to boot it off a thumb drive