Old 09-28-2011, 07:34 PM
Dave Stevens

Default terminal setting for better slider visibility?

Hi,

I'm using gnome with 11.04 and the terminal window slider is almost
exactly the same colour as the background, making its scrolling
capability less useful. I don't see how to change this setting. I'd
like the slider in the right scrollbar to be some light contrasting
colour. Anyone able to tell me where to look/ I've read through the
settings, etc.

Dave

--
"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
Krishnamurti

Old 10-04-2011, 08:29 PM
chicharras

On Wed, Sep 28, 2011 at 2:34 PM, Dave Stevens <geek@uniserve.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm using gnome with 11.04 and the terminal window slider is almost exactly
> the same colour as the background, making its scrolling capability less
> useful. I don't see how to change this setting. I'd like the slider in the
> right scrollbar to be some light contrasting colour. Anyone able to tell me
> where to look/ I've read through the settings, etc.

I am also interested in a way to change this.
I spend most of my time at work connected to remote servers using the
terminal and I would certainly appreciate an answer to this request.
I have looked in Configuration Editor but could not find the way.
Thanks.

Old 10-04-2011, 08:37 PM
Colin Law

On 28 September 2011 20:34, Dave Stevens <geek@uniserve.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm using gnome with 11.04 and the terminal window slider is almost exactly
> the same colour as the background, making its scrolling capability less
> useful. I don't see how to change this setting. I'd like the slider in the
> right scrollbar to be some light contrasting colour. Anyone able to tell me
> where to look/ I've read through the settings, etc.

The terminal window slider is the same as the slider on any other
window, for me.
Which theme are you using? Look in System > Preferences > Appearance
if I remember correctly for 11.04.
Have you tried other themes?

Colin

Old 10-04-2011, 10:44 PM
chicharras

On Tue, Oct 4, 2011 at 3:37 PM, Colin Law <clanlaw@googlemail.com> wrote:
> On 28 September 2011 20:34, Dave Stevens <geek@uniserve.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm using gnome with 11.04 and the terminal window slider is almost exactly
>> the same colour as the background, making its scrolling capability less
>> useful. I don't see how to change this setting. I'd like the slider in the
>> right scrollbar to be some light contrasting colour. Anyone able to tell me
>> where to look/ I've read through the settings, etc.
>
> The terminal window slider is the same as the slider on any other
> window, for me.
> Which theme are you using? *Look in System > Preferences > Appearance
> if I remember correctly for 11.04.
> Have you tried other themes?

I am not the OP, but thank you,,, this helps.
I will just have to play around with themes and controls in order to
find the right mix (some combinations are hard to look at :-) )
Regards.