Old 09-28-2011, 01:20 PM
Basil Chupin

Default Additional moderator(s) sought for ubuntu-users list - clarifications

On 28/09/11 22:50, Cybe R. Wizard wrote:

On Wed, 28 Sep 2011 11:28:51 +0100
Alan Pope<alan@popey.com> wrote:

At the last
Community Council meeting (and on at least two occasions on the past 2
years I've been on the Community Council) it's been suggested that
this list should be shutdown for good...

Carry on with the crap, and I assure you the list will be shut down

Just as I said. Thanks for the vindication. Do you yet have a solid
date for this?

Cybe R. Wizard

If one really seriously thinks about this, what Alan stated, "At the last
Community Council meeting (and on at least two occasions on the past 2
years I've been on the Community Council) it's been suggested that
this list should be shutdown for good..." is more than indicative of the
attitude that Canonical's "Community Council" has towards its users. I
cannot help wondering for how long it was mooted by the "Council" to
shutdown Sounder?

".....and on at least two occasions on the past 2 years...".

And all this time people were made to believe that their interests were
being looked after and promoted by Canonical's "Community Council" when
'they' were plotting all the time to shutdown this venue.

BC

--
You can always count on Americans to do the right thing - after they've tried everything else.
Sir Winston Churchill

Old 09-28-2011, 02:25 PM
Basil Chupin

If one really seriously thinks about this, what Alan stated, "At the last
Community Council meeting (and on at least two occasions on the past 2
years I've been on the Community Council) it's been suggested that
this list should be shutdown for good..." is more than indicative of the
attitude that Canonical's "Community Council" has towards its users.

The Community Council is not staffed only by Canonical employees. It's
the Ubuntu Community Council. But lets not let facts get in the way of
a good conspiracy though.

I did not suggest that it was staffed by Canonical employees.

But you cannot deny that it is not under the aegis of, and created by,
Canonical - hence "Canonical's 'Community Council'".

cannot help wondering for how long it was mooted by the "Council" to
shutdown Sounder?

It wasn't mooted by the council. It was suggested by individuals.

Aaah. "..suggested by individuals.." -- who shall, of course, remain
nameless, eh?

And the "Community Council", being a collection of broad minded and
reasoned personages came to that conclusion after paying very close
attention to "individuals", eh? Someone like Karl Larsen perhaps?

OK. I accept that. I've been involved with braindead individuals in the
past as well so I can understand what you state.

We
discussed it and came to the conclusion (for both lists) on multiple
occasions not to shut them down.

Ce`? But then why was Sounder shutdown?

".....and on at least two occasions on the past 2 years...".

And all this time people were made to believe that their interests were
being looked after and promoted by Canonical's "Community Council" when
'they' were plotting all the time to shutdown this venue.

Nope. Not true. Take the tinfoil hat off, it doesn't suit.

Alan I have always considered you to be a straightforward and honest
person. I think I had already indicated this to you quite some time ago.

However, I don't think that you would make it into the diplomatic corp -
and I (all of us here actually) are most pleased about this because what
you say we can take as being non-bullshit even though you try to couch
it in such BS terms (no offence :-) ).

There is no need for me to take off the tinfoil hat. I (we all) can read
and understand what you wrote and meant.

How else could any reasonable person interpret what you wrote above:

"We discussed it and came to the conclusion ( *for* *both* *lists* ) on
*multiple*

occasions not to shut them down."

(My emphasis.)

Cheers,