Old 02-18-2008, 06:09 AM
"Ricardo C O Freitas"

Default Help on Cups config (authentication)

Hi there!

I can't make any changes at Cups at http://localhost:631.

No user is accepted. Even root.

I have found no enough help man pages

In which group should I include me as user?

Default installation on ubuntu 6.06

How can fix this?
TIA

Ricardo

In Lak'ech - Mitakuye Oyasin -Ubuntu - Ho'oponopoono

Old 02-18-2008, 06:54 AM
"Owen Townend"

On 2/18/08, Ricardo C O Freitas <ricardocastanho@uol.com.br> wrote:
Hi there!

I can't make any changes at Cups at http://localhost:631.

No user is accepted. Even root.

I have found no enough help man pages

In which group should I include me as user?

How can fix this?
TIA

Ricardo

Hey,

The group you should be in is 'lpadmin' to be able to log into the cups page.

cheers,
Owen.

Old 02-18-2008, 12:58 PM
Adam McGreggor

On Mon, Feb 18, 2008 at 06:54:17PM +1100, Owen Townend wrote:
> On 2/18/08, Ricardo C O Freitas <ricardocastanho@uol.com.br> wrote:
> > I can't make any changes at Cups at http://localhost:631.
> > No user is accepted. Even root.
> > I have found no enough help man pages
> > In which group should I include me as user?

[...]
> The group you should be in is 'lpadmin' to be able to log into the cups
> page.

If that doesn't work, you may need to update the CUPS packages; ISTR
there was a bug somewhere in older-versions.