-   -   How to take a backup in ubuntu (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-user/580789-how-take-backup-ubuntu.html)

Md Ashickur Rahman Noor 09-27-2011 05:41 PM

How to take a backup in ubuntu

use remastersys.----------------------------------------------------------
Dedicated Linux Forum in Bangladesh

Thank you
Md Ashickur Rahman
Volunteer, Foundation for Open Source Solutions Bangladesh.

On Tue, Sep 27, 2011 at 11:36 PM, Amrit Pal Pathak <amritpalpathak1@gmail.com> wrote:

On Tue, Sep 27, 2011 at 5:34 PM, Md Ashickur Rahman Noor

<ashickur.noor@gmail.com> wrote:

> Which version of Ubuntu do you use?

10.04

--

Thanks

Regards

Amrit Pal

amritpalpathak.blogspot.com

Amrit Pal Pathak 09-27-2011 05:48 PM

How to take a backup in ubuntu

On Tue, Sep 27, 2011 at 5:41 PM, Md Ashickur Rahman Noor
<ashickur.noor@gmail.com> wrote:
> use remastersys.
software?
have you tried it?

Md Ashickur Rahman Noor 09-27-2011 05:54 PM

How to take a backup in ubuntu

I always use it, to make custom distro of my Ubuntu 10.04 and 10.10.----------------------------------------------------------

On Tue, Sep 27, 2011 at 11:48 PM, Amrit Pal Pathak <amritpalpathak1@gmail.com> wrote:

On Tue, Sep 27, 2011 at 5:41 PM, Md Ashickur Rahman Noor

<ashickur.noor@gmail.com> wrote:

> use remastersys.

software?

have you tried it?

Amrit Pal Pathak 09-27-2011 05:58 PM

How to take a backup in ubuntu

On Tue, Sep 27, 2011 at 5:54 PM, Md Ashickur Rahman Noor
<ashickur.noor@gmail.com> wrote:
> I always use it, to make custom distro of my Ubuntu 10.04 and 10.10.
cool
Can you please tell the steps to take a backup ,to create a restore
point,how to restore it ?

Md Ashickur Rahman Noor 09-28-2011 03:26 AM

How to take a backup in ubuntu

Have you try to google about remastersys? Try it. If you fail then report.----------------------------------------------------------

"Sharl.Jimh.Tsin" 09-28-2011 04:06 AM

How to take a backup in ubuntu

在 2011-09-27二的 17:31 +0000,Amrit Pal Pathak写道:
> How to take a backup of ubuntu? How to create a restore point on HD
> (a partition other than ubuntu 's installation) so that i can restore
> it when i installed new ubuntu.I don't want to install a lot of
> package /software again and again with each installation.
>
> --
> Thanks
> Regards
> Amrit Pal
> amritpalpathak.blogspot.com

instead of Install & Install again,why not use distro UPGRADE via
"apt-get upgrade"?
--
Best regards,
Sharl.Jimh.Tsin (From China **Obviously Taiwan INCLUDED**)

Using Gmail? Please read this important notice:
http://www.fsf.org/campaigns/jstrap/gmail?10073.

"Kevin O'Gorman" 09-28-2011 04:48 AM

How to take a backup in ubuntu