Old 09-27-2011, 04:19 PM
Md Ashickur Rahman Noor

Default Fail to retrieve PGP key from Remote server

I have make a open PGP key from Ubuntu 10.10 and I want to import it into Ubnutu 10.04. When I try to do that from Password and Encryption key-->Remote-->Find Remote Keys. I have insert my key but it is saying "Can not communicate with the server Can not resolve proxy host name".

Please see the attachment.----------------------------------------------------------
Dedicated Linux Forum in Bangladesh

Thank you
Md Ashickur Rahman
Volunteer, Foundation for Open Source Solutions Bangladesh.

Old 09-27-2011, 10:15 PM
NoOp

On 09/27/2011 09:19 AM, Md Ashickur Rahman Noor wrote:
> I have make a open PGP key from Ubuntu 10.10 and I want to import it into
> Ubnutu 10.04. When I try to do that from Password and Encryption
> key-->Remote-->Find Remote Keys. I have insert my key but it is saying "*Can
> not communicate with the server Can not resolve proxy host name*".

It's as it states: "Can not resolve proxy host name". Fix your proxy.
BTW Your key does show up at hkp://pgp.mit.edu:11371

Old 09-28-2011, 03:29 AM
Md Ashickur Rahman Noor

How can I resolve my proxy? I am using mobile broadband. I am a naive in network setting.----------------------------------------------------------

Old 09-28-2011, 08:12 AM
"Sharl.Jimh.Tsin"

在 2011-09-28三的 09:29 +0600,Md Ashickur Rahman Noor写道:
> How can I resolve my proxy? I am using mobile broadband. I am a naive
> in network setting.
> Dedicated Linux Forum in Bangladesh
> Thank you
> Md Ashickur Rahman
> Volunteer, Foundation for Open Source Solutions Bangladesh.
>

> On Wed, Sep 28, 2011 at 4:15 AM, NoOp <glgxg@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> On 09/27/2011 09:19 AM, Md Ashickur Rahman Noor wrote:
> > I have make a open PGP key from Ubuntu 10.10 and I want to
> import it into
> > Ubnutu 10.04. When I try to do that from Password and
> Encryption
> > key-->Remote-->Find Remote Keys. I have insert my key but it
> is saying "*Can
>
> > not communicate with the server Can not resolve proxy host
> name*".
>
> It's as it states: "Can not resolve proxy host name". Fix your
> proxy.
> BTW Your key does show up at hkp://pgp.mit.edu:11371

you can edit the networking from the network-manager applet of the
status bar on the top.

also check the /etc/hosts file.

--
Best regards,
Sharl.Jimh.Tsin (From China **Obviously Taiwan INCLUDED**)

Using Gmail? Please read this important notice:
http://www.fsf.org/campaigns/jstrap/gmail?10073.