-   -   FAQ for this list (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-user/580609-faq-list.html)

Alan Pope 09-27-2011 10:55 AM

FAQ for this list

Hi,

I've started an FAQ for this mailing list. It's on the Ubuntu wiki:-

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuUsersListFAQ

As it's a wiki anyone can edit it. Please take care when editing the
wiki because the syntax is a little arcane :)

I had considered that we might post a copy of the FAQ to the list
every month or so, for the benefit of new users, but that would
probably get irritating for existing users. I could edit the on-join
mail that new subscribers get and link to it there, and on the main
lists.ubuntu.com page for this list. Suggestions welcome.

Cheers,
Al.

R Kimber 09-27-2011 11:08 AM

FAQ for this list

On Tue, 27 Sep 2011 11:55:53 +0100
Alan Pope wrote:

> I had considered that we might post a copy of the FAQ to the list
> every month or so, for the benefit of new users, but that would
> probably get irritating for existing users. I could edit the on-join
> mail that new subscribers get and link to it there, and on the main
> lists.ubuntu.com page for this list. Suggestions welcome.

Yes, I would prefer the latter.

- Richard
--
Richard Kimber
Political Science Resources

Jared Norris 09-27-2011 11:11 AM

FAQ for this list

On 27 September 2011 20:55, Alan Pope <alan@popey.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've started an FAQ for this mailing list. It's on the Ubuntu wiki:-
>
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuUsersListFAQ
>
> As it's a wiki anyone can edit it. Please take care when editing the
> wiki because the syntax is a little arcane :)
>
> I had considered that we might post a copy of the FAQ to the list
> every month or so, for the benefit of new users, but that would
> probably get irritating for existing users. I could edit the on-join
> mail that new subscribers get and link to it there, and on the main
> lists.ubuntu.com page for this list. Suggestions welcome.
>
> Cheers,
> Al.

I've just added an escalation point in case it wasn't obvious to some
people. Feel free to remove/edit it if you don't think it's a valid
point or not quite correct.

Jared Norris
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/JaredNorris

"Amedee Van Gasse" 09-27-2011 11:12 AM

FAQ for this list

On Tue, September 27, 2011 12:55, Alan Pope wrote:

> I had considered that we might post a copy of the FAQ to the list
> every month or so, for the benefit of new users, but that would
> probably get irritating for existing users. I could edit the on-join
> mail that new subscribers get and link to it there, and on the main
> lists.ubuntu.com page for this list. Suggestions welcome.

I would not object to a monthly mail.
If it would annoy me, I would set up a filter, just like I do for the
monthly mailman password reminders.

Alan Pope 09-27-2011 11:12 AM

FAQ for this list

On 27 September 2011 12:11, Jared Norris <jrnorris@gmail.com> wrote:
> I've just added an escalation point in case it wasn't obvious to some
> people. Feel free to remove/edit it if you don't think it's a valid
> point or not quite correct.

Nice one. I hadn't considered that question :D

Cheers,
Al.

Doug 09-27-2011 07:11 PM

FAQ for this list

I had considered that we might post a copy of the FAQ to the list
every month or so, for the benefit of new users, but that would
probably get irritating for existing users. I could edit the on-join
mail that new subscribers get and link to it there, and on the main
lists.ubuntu.com page for this list. Suggestions welcome.

Yes, I would prefer the latter.

- Richard

It is not obvious that Ubuntu has some superb documentation.
Perhaps a link to that at the bottom of each post would be useful.

--doug

Ric Moore 09-28-2011 06:15 AM

FAQ for this list

I've started an FAQ for this mailing list. It's on the Ubuntu wiki:-

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuUsersListFAQ

As it's a wiki anyone can edit it. Please take care when editing the
wiki because the syntax is a little arcane :)

I had considered that we might post a copy of the FAQ to the list
every month or so, for the benefit of new users, but that would
probably get irritating for existing users. I could edit the on-join
mail that new subscribers get and link to it there, and on the main
lists.ubuntu.com page for this list. Suggestions welcome.

Cheers,
Al.

BLESS YOU! :) Ric

http://linuxcounter.net/user/44256.html

Ric Moore 09-28-2011 06:20 AM

FAQ for this list

Mention of the sounder list should be removed.

If I try to edit it, I might break it. :) Ric

http://linuxcounter.net/user/44256.html

Wed Sep 28 09:30:01 2011
From: =?ISO-8859-1?Q?VENDE-SE=3A?= Cadastros de E-Mails
=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Esot=E9rico?= & =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Hol=EDstico?=
<mkt.cadastros@hotmail.com>