Old 09-28-2011, 08:28 AM
Ric Moore

Default FAQ for this list

On 09/28/2011 03:23 AM, Alan Pope wrote:

On 28 September 2011 07:27, Ric Moore<wayward4now@gmail.com> wrote:

On 09/27/2011 07:12 AM, Alan Pope wrote:

Nice one. I hadn't considered that question

Which was??

The most recent one added to the page.

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuUsersListFAQ?action=diff&rev2=2&rev1=1

..and this one: "Write your email underneath the email which you are
replying to." isn't quite wordy enough... maybe "DON'T TOP POST!!!" could be
appended... as most have no clue, when asked not to top post, what top
posting is/means.

That's actually covered in the
http://www.ubuntu.com/support/community/mailinglists page which is
linked from the FAQ. "Write your email underneath the email which you
are replying to.".

Right, yet the words "top post" are not included. So, when someone yells
out on this list to "Don't TOP POST!" the person this is directed to
doesn't understand what that term means. Supplying a definition there
would be a good thing. I don't want to edit it, I might break something.
Ric

http://linuxcounter.net/user/44256.html