Old 09-29-2011, 03:04 AM
chris

Default Additional moderator(s) sought for ubuntu-users list

On Wed, 2011-09-28 at 19:13 -0700, Ernest Doub wrote:

> On Wed, Sep 28, 2011 at 12:44 AM, Ric Moore <wayward4now@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> On 09/27/2011 02:58 PM, Avi Greenbury wrote:
> Cybe R. Wizard wrote:
>
> On Tue, 27 Sep 2011 19:35:38 +0100
> Avi Greenbury<lists@avi.co> wrote:
>
> There's only a few users who
> habitually post
> <snip>

> my way or the highway - failure to live up to my
> expectations, all part of the over 100 elements of criminal
> thinking) mindset that explodes when given responsibility that
> they are not trained by temperament, experience or schooling
> to handle. Anyone truly qualified for the job wouldn't want
> it. And that leaves... ?
>
> Ric
>
> --
<snip>

> +1
>
> --
> Accidental deaths by firearms account for less than 1% of the 30,000.
> There are three times as many medical mistake deaths in the US than
> there are accidental gun deaths. Perhaps we need safety locks on
> doctors and nurses?

+2

Old 10-01-2011, 08:35 AM
Graham Watkins

On 27/09/11 19:16, Shaun Jones wrote:

*This is good news, there has been too much Unity bashing,
unhelpful advice and all entirely too much
off topic nonsense. Hopefully then with good moderators the
new users who show up can now get*
proper advice and suggestions instead of the "unity sux"
reply.*

--

Mister Jones*

Is stifling (well deserved) criticism of Unity what this is really
about?

Old 10-01-2011, 08:47 AM
Alan Pope

On 1 October 2011 09:35, Graham Watkins <shellycat.gw@ntlworld.com> wrote:
> Is stifling (well deserved) criticism of Unity what this is really about?

No.

It's no different than if people came here and asked for help with
their Ubuntu GNOME based desktop and got responses saying "GNOME
sucks, use KDE!". Bashing the choice someone has made doesn't help
them fix the issue they have. Sure you could couch it that you're
providing an alternative option to the user, but it's rarely ever
explained like that.

Al.

Old 10-01-2011, 12:31 PM
"compdoc"

>This is good news, there has been too much Unity bashing,
Â*
Unity doesn’t seem to have a lot of support - maybe it’s the wrong direction to take Ubuntu. People need to speak out when this kind of thing happens…
Â*
Â*
Â*

Old 10-01-2011, 05:33 PM
Avi Greenbury

compdoc wrote:

> >This is good news, there has been too much Unity bashing,
>
> Unity doesn't seem to have a lot of support - maybe it's the wrong
> direction to take Ubuntu. People need to speak out when this kind of
> thing happens.

There's a fairly large difference between 'speaking out' and derailing
support threads with anti-whatever rants.

--
Avi