Old 09-27-2011, 10:39 PM
"Cybe R. Wizard"

Default Additional moderator(s) sought for ubuntu-users list

On Tue, 27 Sep 2011 18:07:42 -0400
Dave Woyciesjes <woyciesjes@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> So... if I read this right, you agree with the destination/intent
> (keeping this list on-topic); but disagree loudly with how to get
> there. Right?

Precisely. Moderation, especially with no definitive rules in sight,
is evil, pure and simple. It is a setup for failure for anyone
disliked or not in line with the accepted line of thought, much as
the reception my ideas on moderation are receiving.

Cybe R. Wizard -thinks the Ubuntu PTB to be too young to understand
such niceties.
Winduhs

Old 09-27-2011, 10:50 PM
"Cybe R. Wizard"

On Tue, 27 Sep 2011 17:39:26 -0500
"Cybe R. Wizard" <cyber_wizard@mindspring.com> wrote:

> On Tue, 27 Sep 2011 18:07:42 -0400
> Dave Woyciesjes <woyciesjes@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
>
> > So... if I read this right, you agree with the destination/intent
> > (keeping this list on-topic); but disagree loudly with how to get
> > there. Right?
>
> Precisely.

Er, /not/ precisely. I have no problem with that intent. I do not
support or endorse it. I, personally, don't mind some OT but realize
that many folks do. I certainly won't stand in the way of a sensible
plan to reduce or eliminate OT postings as long as it isn't predicated
by human moderation.

Cybe R. Wizard
Winduhs

Old 09-27-2011, 10:51 PM