Old 09-26-2011, 09:29 PM
Jon Anderson

Default What do i format my patriot 8 gb thumdrive to

Fat, fat 16 ,fat 32 ext3 I want to use it for multiboot program to try
out multiple linux system from the thumb drive. I'm trying to format, or
take off all the three Small linux programs that I have on it now I want
to empty the thumbdrive so I can run multiboot through it.

Old 10-02-2011, 10:14 AM
Bruce Pieterse

Fat, fat 16 ,fat 32 ext3 I want to use it for multiboot program to try
out multiple linux system from the thumb drive. I'm trying to format,
or take off all the three Small linux programs that I have on it now I
want to empty the thumbdrive so I can run multiboot through it.

Hi,

Will you be installing an OS to the thumb drive or will you be
installing off the thumb drive? If it is the former, then ext2/3/4
would be sufficient, If you are installing from the thumb drive it will
be FAT16/32.

I hope that helps.

--
Bruce Pieterse