Old 09-26-2011, 09:18 PM

Default xmodmap on Xubuntu 11.04 - X error of failed request

Hello,

I have just installed xubuntu 11.04 on my pc, where xubuntu 10.10 was
previously running.

In 10.10 I had a script called ~/.swapctrlalt that swapped the left ctrl
und alt-keys. It worked fine. It does not work in 11.04 anymore:

,----
| mmatthe@MatteLP:~$ xmodmap -pke | egrep '(Control|Alt)'
| keycode 37 = Alt_L NoSymbol Alt_L
| keycode 64 = Control_L NoSymbol Control_L
| keycode 105 = Control_R NoSymbol Control_R
| keycode 204 = NoSymbol Alt_L NoSymbol Alt_L
| mmatthe@MatteLP:~$ cat .swapctrlalt
| clear control
| clear mod1
| keycode 64 = Control_L
| keycode 37= Alt_L
| add control = Control_L
| add mod1 = Alt_L
| mmatthe@MatteLP:~$ xmodmap .swapctrlalt
| X Error of failed request: BadValue (integer parameter out of range for operation)
| Major opcode of failed request: 118 (X_SetModifierMapping)
| Value in failed request: 0x17
| Serial number of failed request: 15
| Current serial number in output stream: 15
| mmatthe@MatteLP:~$
`----

I hope you can help me, because I really need to swap those keys. I can
swap them in Unity using the GUI for the keyboard, but I need it in XFCE
also.
Regards, Max