Old 11-26-2007, 10:16 PM
Brian Astill

Default Gutsy USB support in AMD64/KDE

Thought I'd repost this with further info.
Gutsy USB support in AMD64 works just fine in Gnome - ie the USB
port and stick are OK. But no joy in KDE. Odd.

The 'usual' usbutils and so on are installed and work OK in
Gnome..
I tried to read my USB stick using usbview (in KDE) and received
an error message that suggested I need to compile a new kernel
for this.
The 'usual' desktop logos do not appear and invitations to peruse
are not offered

Suggestions, anyone?

Brian