...." in the subject ? ..., vbulletin,jelsoft,forum,bbs,discussion,bulletin board" /> ...." in the subject ? ... Ubuntu User" /> What does means " <slightly OT>...." in the subject ? ... - Page 2 - Linux Archive

Old 09-27-2011, 10:33 AM
Goh Lip

Default What does means " ...." in the subject ? ...

On 09/27/2011 04:56 PM, Alan Pope wrote:

On 27 September 2011 09:48, Jared Norris<jrnorris@gmail.com> wrote:

To put it simply,<OT> means the email is off topic and is an
admission from those who use it that they really shouldn't be emailing
the list with whatever the topic of the email is going to be about.

Best. Description. Ever.

Al.

Okay guys, no more attaching or modifying subject lines with <OT>.

cackle cackle - Goh Lip

--
Life is a sexually transmitted disease with a 100% mortality rate.

Old 09-27-2011, 04:37 PM
NoOp

On 09/27/2011 03:33 AM, Goh Lip wrote:
> On 09/27/2011 04:56 PM, Alan Pope wrote:
>> On 27 September 2011 09:48, Jared Norris<jrnorris@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> To put it simply,<OT> means the email is off topic and is an
>>> admission from those who use it that they really shouldn't be emailing
>>> the list with whatever the topic of the email is going to be about.
>>>

>> Best. Description. Ever.
>>

>> Al.
>>
> Okay guys, no more attaching or modifying subject lines with <OT>.
>
> cackle cackle - Goh Lip

Yes. Please use [OT] rather than <OT>

Old 09-28-2011, 06:14 AM
Ric Moore

To put it simply,<OT> means the email is off topic and is an
admission from those who use it that they really shouldn't be emailing
the list with whatever the topic of the email is going to be about.

Best. Description. Ever.

Al.

Okay guys, no more attaching or modifying subject lines with <OT>.

cackle cackle - Goh Lip

You didn't say the magic word 'Ubuntu', so it doesn't qualify as
<slightly OT>

http://linuxcounter.net/user/44256.html