-   -   Unable to reach the login screen(Ubuntu 10.4) (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-user/579811-unable-reach-login-screen-ubuntu-10-4-a.html)

Amrit Pal Pathak 09-25-2011 06:57 AM

Unable to reach the login screen(Ubuntu 10.4)

I have Ubuntu 10.4.By mistaken i deleted some packages from synaptic
package manager and then my screen gave me a weird look.Surely
something wrong had happened.Everything got changed e.g softwares
,menus etc.
Then i rebooted the system and started it in recovery mode and chose
the broken package option .After it ,again rebooted and normally
started it to login to my system.But it couldn't reach to login
screen.I waited for 1 hours but the screen shows like it is being
start up(See the screen-shot).
Please somebody help me .What should i do to fix it.

See the attached screen-shot

--
Thanks
Regards

Goh Lip 09-25-2011 07:19 AM

Unable to reach the login screen(Ubuntu 10.4)