Old 02-17-2008, 04:53 AM
abhishek

Default MANAGING TWO OPERATING SYSTEMS

I have windows Xp and Ubuntu on my laptops, both in different drives.
When I boot, the system displays a list of Operating Systems, in that
Ubuntu is on top and automatically gets selected in 8 secs if I don't
select any one of them physically. I want to know, how to put XP on top
in this list so that it is chosen automatically?

Old 02-17-2008, 09:38 PM
Nils Kassube

abhishek wrote:
> I have windows Xp and Ubuntu on my laptops, both in different drives.
> When I boot, the system displays a list of Operating Systems, in that
> Ubuntu is on top and automatically gets selected in 8 secs if I don't
> select any one of them physically. I want to know, how to put XP on top
> in this list so that it is chosen automatically?

Use the command

gksu gedit /boot/grub/menu.lst

in a terminal and in the file move the entry for Windows before this line:

### BEGIN AUTOMAGIC KERNELS LIST

Nils