-   -   Ubuntu 11.04 unclean shutdown (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-user/578767-ubuntu-11-04-unclean-shutdown.html)

Ioannis Vranos 09-22-2011 12:43 PM

Ubuntu 11.04 unclean shutdown

OS: Ubuntu 11.04 32-bit

Hi to all,

When I shutdown my laptop, /boot (ext2) and /mnt/vmware (ext4) are not
unmounted, and during boot they are repaired. On the other hand, /
(ext4) is unmounted.

Has anyone else experienced this?

If I unmount them manually before shutdown, no repair is happening during boot.

I tried to create a bash script, SysV service, to do the unmounts but
it didn't work (keep in mind I do not know bash programming).

Any ideas on how to solve this?

Thank you a lot,

--
Ioannis Vranos

http://www.cpp-software.net

Berni Elbourn 09-28-2011 09:30 PM

Ubuntu 11.04 unclean shutdown

When I shutdown my laptop, /boot (ext2) and /mnt/vmware (ext4) are not
unmounted, and during boot they are repaired. On the other hand, /
(ext4) is unmounted.

Has anyone else experienced this?

If I unmount them manually before shutdown, no repair is happening during boot.

I tried to create a bash script, SysV service, to do the unmounts but
it didn't work (keep in mind I do not know bash programming).

Any ideas on how to solve this?

Thank you a lot,

Just a wild guess have a look in /etc/rc0.d. Make sure halt is listed last.

eg:

K74bluetooth
README
S10unattended-upgrades
S15wpa-ifupdown
S20sendsigs
S30urandom
S31umountnfs.sh
S35networking
S40umountfs
S60umountroot
S90halt

--
"Confidence is what you have before you understand a problem" - Woody Allen