Old 09-19-2011, 06:50 AM
Alan Pope

Default synaptic still bonkers

On 19 September 2011 07:47, Colin Law <clanlaw@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Am I the only one here who actually thinks that Unity is a Good Thing?

No.

Al.

Old 09-19-2011, 11:01 AM
chris

On Sun, 2011-09-18 at 18:09 -0400, wayward4now wrote:
> On 09/18/2011 05:52 PM, Cybe R. Wizard wrote:
> >> Oh hell, I've just about got everything the way I want it, too.
> >> <whines> Ric
> > Back up your dot files and restore them one by one in case something
> > goes awry.
>
> You mean when it blows up... "goes awry" lacks the eclat suitable for a
> situation when pressing red buttons repeatedly like a lab rat hitting
> the gimmie-the-crack-cocaine button. This is ending in tears. Ric

Yep. The problem still remains as to where we go after 10.04
for me, possibly Debian squeeze, or open suse. May hap Ubuntu will come
to there collective senses in a few years time. Maybe

Old 09-19-2011, 07:55 PM
Colin Law

On 19 September 2011 07:50, Alan Pope <alan@popey.com> wrote:
> On 19 September 2011 07:47, Colin Law <clanlaw@googlemail.com> wrote:
>> Am I the only one here who actually thinks that Unity is a Good Thing?
>
> No.

That's all right then.

Colin

Old 09-20-2011, 01:23 PM
Pop Horea-Vasile

Am I the only one here who actually thinks that Unity is a Good Thing?
No. I think to that it's a good thing. I've used netbook remix 10.04 &
10.10 because it had unity and it was low resources consumption.
Normaly it was good for the old notebook that i had to use desktop
version but Unity had impressed me.

Old 09-26-2011, 07:12 PM
Pastor JW

On Monday, September 19, 2011 4:01:28 am chris wrote:

> > > Back up your dot files and restore them one by one in case something
> > > goes awry.
> >
> > You mean when it blows up... "goes awry" lacks the eclat suitable for a
> > situation when pressing red buttons repeatedly like a lab rat hitting
> > the gimmie-the-crack-cocaine button. This is ending in tears. Ric
>
> Yep. The problem still remains as to where we go after 10.04
> for me, possibly Debian squeeze, or open suse. May hap Ubuntu will come
> to there collective senses in a few years time. Maybe

Well, I'll install 12.04 a couple of months after it is released as I have
found Ubuntu very nice to use. However, I never have had any use for Gnome
desktops but Ubuntu itself is fine if one uses a proper desktop. While waiting
for KDE to become useful again after version 3, I just installed Xfce as a
desktop in order to have a workable desktop. Of course during that time the
Gnomes taunted and raved on about our KDE troubles. I don't seem to see much
of that now from the KDE users now that the tables are turned. I'm guessing
it just boils down to the class of user.

--
73 de N7PSV aka Pastor JW <n>< PDGA# 35276
http://the-inner-circle.org _Registered Kubuntu User: #27403

Old 09-27-2011, 03:00 AM
NoOp

On 09/26/2011 12:12 PM, Pastor JW wrote:
> On Monday, September 19, 2011 4:01:28 am chris wrote:

>> > You mean when it blows up... "goes awry" lacks the eclat suitable for a
>> > situation when pressing red buttons repeatedly like a lab rat hitting
>> > the gimmie-the-crack-cocaine button. This is ending in tears. Ric
>>
>> Yep. The problem still remains as to where we go after 10.04
>> for me, possibly Debian squeeze, or open suse. May hap Ubuntu will come
>> to there collective senses in a few years time. Maybe
>
> Well, I'll install 12.04 a couple of months after it is released as I have

Oh good... I wonder if it will be:

Pink Puffin Precious Puffin
or
Precocious Pony
or
Prickly Pheatherbrain Protozoa
or
Pernicious Potoroo
or
Prostrate Parrot
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DevelopmentCodeNames#CodeNameSuggestions
but in your suggestion today.

Old 09-27-2011, 03:11 AM
Pastor JW

On Monday, September 26, 2011 8:00:47 pm NoOp wrote:
> On 09/26/2011 12:12 PM, Pastor JW wrote:

> >> Yep. The problem still remains as to where we go after 10.04
> >> for me, possibly Debian squeeze, or open suse. May hap Ubuntu will come
> >> to there collective senses in a few years time. Maybe
> >
> > Well, I'll install 12.04 a couple of months after it is released as I
> > have
>
> Oh good... I wonder if it will be:
>
> Pink Puffin Precious Puffin
> or
> Precocious Pony
> or
> Prickly Pheatherbrain Protozoa
> or
> Pernicious Potoroo
> or
> Prostrate Parrot

Whatever it will still be PP of some flavor.

Old 09-27-2011, 03:26 AM
Goh Lip