-   -   Dell Latitude D630 Hibernate (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-user/57722-dell-latitude-d630-hibernate.html)

"James Cummings" 02-17-2008 02:35 PM

Dell Latitude D630 Hibernate

hiya,

Has anyone had any success getting a Dell Latitude D630 running Gutsy
to hibernate properly?

When I press fn-F1 it seems to start to hibernate and then just stops.
power, bluetooth, etc. lights still on, hard drive still spinning.

Any suggestions what I'm doing wrong?

-James

Alex Janssen 02-17-2008 03:34 PM

James Cummings said the following on 02/17/2008 10:35 AM:
> hiya,
>
> Has anyone had any success getting a Dell Latitude D630 running Gutsy
> to hibernate properly?
>
> When I press fn-F1 it seems to start to hibernate and then just stops.
> power, bluetooth, etc. lights still on, hard drive still spinning.
>
> Any suggestions what I'm doing wrong?
>
> -James

I know this won't help you much, but for what it's worth, my Dell
Inspiron 1501 used to hibernate with U7.04. After upgrading to U7.10,
no more. I have not figured it out, yet. Apparently, something to do
with HAL.

Best.

--
Ourwoods.org