Old 09-16-2011, 04:45 PM
nepal

Default SOLVED incessant lockout screens with request for password

On Thu, 15 Sep 2011 03:29:08 +0000 (UTC)
barryeisenberg@comcast.net wrote:

> the new ubuntu locks the screen, requesting my password if i leave
> the computer unattended for a minute or two. it's driving me nuts and
> i would like to turn this feature off or at least make it happen far
> less frequently. please help

If turning off the screensaver in the menu, or indeed making the built
in power management inactive and this doesn't resolve your problem, see
below.

After further investigation, and more googling again, I found this
article below of 5th Sept,

http://idratherhack.blogspot.com/2011/09/disable-screen-blanking-in-linux-how.html

This fix works for me. One thing to note, one suggestion is to issue
the command

xset s off

to turn off screen blanking in x, however that didn't work, what did was

xset s noblank

but I also had to disable dpms

xset -dpms

heehee, and it worked!!

wow, this author has helped save my sanity and I can't thank him enough.

nepal.