Old 09-15-2011, 09:18 PM
R Kimber

Default Aaargh ... kEyboard problEm

SincE rEsizing my /var and /usr partitions I'vE startEd having problms with
my kEyboard in Claws-Mail, but only Claws-Mail.

I can no longEr typE a lowEr casE 'E':-
qwrtyuiop
Capital is OK with shift, but no E with caps lock on.

HowEvEr, othEr programs arE not affEctEd: konsolE, bluEfish, gEdit and so
on arE all OK.

I'vE rE-installEd Claws, but it's still thE samE.
No custom shortcuts in placE.
I rE-bootEd but still samE problm

Pls hlp: it's driving mE mad. Is a solution possibl, or must I rE-install?

Richard
--
Richard Kimber
Political Science Resources

Old 09-16-2011, 10:41 PM
R Kimber

On Thu, 15 Sep 2011 22:18:44 +0100
R Kimber wrote:

> SincE rEsizing my /var and /usr partitions I'vE startEd having problms
> with my kEyboard in Claws-Mail, but only Claws-Mail.
>
> I can no longEr typE a lowEr casE 'E':-

Actually it almost certainly wasn't caused by the re-sizing, it just
coincided with it. It turned out that, even though I wasn't using anything
other than the default shortcuts, somehow or other the letter 'e' had become
bound to a menu item, and the situation was retreivable by editing the
relevant item in ~/.claws-mail/menurc

- Richard.