Old 09-12-2011, 09:07 AM
Santanu Chatterjee

Default What up with this weird tab completion in Ubuntu??

Hello All,

I am on Ubuntu 11.04. I have noticed this weird tab completion
behavior at the terminals.
For example:

Previously:
========
'$ ls ~/Docum<TAB>'

would give:
========
'$ ls ~/Documents/'

which would allow me to type a few more characters and press TAB again
for further completion.

NOW:
=====
'$ ls ~/Docum<TAB>'

gives:
====
'$ ls ~/Documents '

Note the irritating space after the directory name completion above.

How do I get back the previous behavior?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Santanu