Old 09-12-2011, 12:37 AM
NoOp

Default Oneiric not asking for password after suspend - which package to report?

On 09/11/2011 06:04 AM, Colin Law wrote:
> On Oneiric Beta one specifies whether a password needs to be entered,
> if the screen is turned off following inactivity, in System Settings >
> Screen. However this also appears to control whether a password needs
> to be entered following suspend. I believe this to be a bug but it
> appears to be impossible to file a bug unless one knows the package to
> file it against. Does anyone know which that would be in this case?
>
> Colin

I see no option to enter a password via System Settings|Screen. But then
again, I can't get Oneiric to suspend at all (VirtualBox install)' all
that I get is screen to enter my password & then it pops back to the
desktop. Note: I'm only using 'GNOME Classic' and/or 'Unbutu 2D' as that
is all that I can get working in VirtualBox. Are you using a VM, or do
you have Oneiric installed on a partition/drive?

These may be of help:
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/ReportingBugs
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Bugs/FindRightPackage

You might want to look through:
<https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gnome-screensaver?field.searchtext=oneiric&orderby=-importance&search=Search&field.status%3Alist=NEW&f ield.status%3Alist=INCOMPLETE_WITH_RESPONSE&field. status%3Alist=INCOMPLETE_WITHOUT_RESPONSE&field.st atus%3Alist=CONFIRMED&field.status%3Alist=TRIAGED& field.status%3Alist=INPROGRESS&field.status%3Alist =FIXCOMMITTED&field.assignee=&field.bug_reporter=& field.omit_dupes=on&field.has_patch=&field.has_no_ package=>